Morning Dove programs rely on the talent, experience and time of more than 150 volunteer hours a week. A variety of volunteer opportunities exist, including:
- Support in our lessons (must be at least 16 years of age):
- Grooming and tacking horses for lessons
- Side walking with a rider
- Leading a horse during class
- Assisting with fundraisers:
- Serve on the Dove Ball committee (our annual fall event)
- Assist with one or more of the other fundraising events (see the Giving tab at the top of the page for the current schedule of events)
- Office work
- Barn work and horse care (must be at least 16 years of age; or, 14 years of age accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Board of Directors – if you are an experience business or community leader interested in providing leadership in Morning Dove’s governance AND fundraising, please contact Liz Coit, Executive Director at email@example.com or 317-733-9393.
As a new volunteer at Morning Dove, individuals go through an initial orientation and training. Depending on your experience and interests, you will be assigned to a volunteer “job”. We ask that our volunteers to working 2-4 ours each week at a minimum for a full lesson session (typically 10 weeks).
How to get started as a volunteer:
- Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Emily Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-733-9393 to learn more.
- Download and complete the Volunteer Forms (Volunteer Forms 2017) and send them to us. We will then contact you regarding scheduling and orientation.
- Read the Morning Dove Volunteer Handbook.
- Schedule and attend Volunteer Training and Orientation session (check website Calendar page or this page for next available training dates, or call Emily!)
- Schedule your hours with Emily or on Volgistics!
Volunteer trainings and public workshops are held regularly to keep up with the demand. Check out our calendar for upcoming dates.
Currently Scheduled Volunteer Training
Volunteer Orientations: Please RSVP with Emily if you would like to attend:
Tuesday, May 30 at 4:30
Thursday, June 15 at 5:30
Monday, June 26 at 5 PM
Wednesday, July 19 at 5:30
Contact Emily Keenan at email@example.com or 317-733-9393 for more information about volunteer training.